WordReference English Collocations © 2020
ashtrayⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Please use the ashtray!
- made a [ceramic, clay] ashtray (for you)
- a [glass, clay, crystal, stone, souvenir] ashtray
- [emptied, wiped, cleaned, replaced] the ashtray
- put an ashtray on the table
- took an ashtray into the other room (with her)
- took an ashtray outside (with him)
- His cigarette sat on the ashtray.
- was (slowly) [burning, smoldering] in the ashtray
- flicked her ashes into the ashtray
- put his cigarette out in the ashtray
- The ashtray is full of [cigarettes, ashes].
- Do you have an ashtray?
- a [dirty, clean, new] ashtray
'ashtray' also found in these entries: