WordReference English Collocations © 2020
applicantⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- The applicant was [approved, denied].
- Applicants will be notified via [email, text message].
- applicants will be [asked, expected, requested] to
- (Successful) applicants will be interviewed [personally, online, by phone].
- the applicant's [name, address, signature, qualifications]
- the applicant must [provide, describe, demonstrate, sign, submit, pay]
- the applicant [shall, should, must, is required to] [provide]
- the applicant has not (yet) [provided]
- the applicant is requesting that
- the applicant does not [meet, satisfy, fulfill] (all requirements)
- an applicant for [employment, registration]
- [qualified, new] applicants
- a long line of applicants for
- from [each, every] applicant
- there were [fifty] applicants for the [job, position]
'applicant' also found in these entries: