WordReference English Collocations © 2020
a pieceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [only, just] a piece
- would [love, like] a piece
- would [love] to [have, try, taste] a piece
- can I have a piece?
- [cut, hand, give] me a piece
- have a piece of advice (for you)
- a piece of the [pie, action]
- a piece of [paper, music, cake, cheese, luggage]
- it's a piece of cake!
- she's a piece of work
- offensive, slang: he's a piece of sh*t
- am missing a piece of the puzzle
- gave her a piece of my mind
- a [small, large] piece
- [an edge, a corner] piece
- a [larger, smaller, fatter] piece