WordReference English Collocations © 2020
anticipation ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am waiting in anticipation for
- the [crowd, audience] waited in [great, eager] anticipation (for)
- anticipation for the future (of)
- in anticipation of what he will [do, say, find]
- can't stand the anticipation (any more)
- the anticipation of [seeing, hearing, getting, buying]
- The anticipation is palpable.
- [cooked, prepared the guest room, decorated] in anticipation of the [guests, holidays]
- The anticipation is killing me!
- there [is, has been] a lot of anticipation for
- anticipation among [fans, supporters, the public]
- has the [fans] in (eager) anticipation
- [released, displayed, discovered] after [months, years] of anticipation
- After [months] of anticipation, [it] was [released].
- [released] after [much, long] anticipation
- the [stadium, theater, city] was filled with anticipation (for)
- [breathless, anxious, excited] anticipation
- the mere anticipation of
- her eyes [sparkled, lit up] in anticipation
- an expression of [nervous, breathless] anticipation
'anticipation' also found in these entries: