WordReference English Collocations © 2020
anthemⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the national anthem of [Canada]
- the [Canadian] national anthem
- [Canada's] national anthem
- What is [Canada's] national anthem?
- the [school, team, college] anthem
- a [rousing, dreary, lively] national anthem
- sing the national anthem
- performed the national anthem at
- the anthem was [played, sung] at
- the national anthem was [written, sung] by
- [Stand, Take your hat off] for the national anthem.
- became an anthem for [activists, separatists]
- sing a rock anthem
- the official anthem of
- (became, grew to be, embraced as) the unofficial anthem of
'anthem' also found in these entries: