WordReference English Collocations © 2020
anotherⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [have, give it] another [go, try]
- have another [go] at [it, making]
- [I want, can I have] another [go, turn]?
- have another [one, helping, serving]
- another [piece, portion, slice] of (cake)
- have another [chance, opportunity] to
- give you another [example, picture] of
- is another [way, reason] to
- [must be, is there] another way (of)
- [find, need, chose] another way (to)
- please choose another [option, category]
- [visit, live in] another country
- another [home, name, country, computer, car, password]
- [give me, I need] another [hour]
- (just) another [five, few] minutes
- [perhaps, maybe] another time
- another [man, woman, child]
- seeing another [man]
- [ran off, had an affair] with another [woman]
- yet another [mistake]!
- [just, here is] another one of those [dropouts]
- had another bright idea
- not another one!
- [here, there] is another
- another of those [dropouts, school kids, things]
- is this another of your [ideas, tricks, schemes]?
'another' also found in these entries:
absence - accomplishment - ace - add - advantage - afford - after - alien - alternate - alternative - angle - answer - baby - bang - bark - bash - batch - beat - beer - being - belong - bite - blockbuster - blow - border - bound - bow - bowl - bread - bus - caller - cancel - capture - category - chalk - change - cherry - choose - clasp - coat - coating - combination - come - communicate - compare - confuse - connect - contrast - controller - conversely