WordReference English Collocations © 2020
amusementⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Her amusement showed.
- [was unable to, couldn't] hide his amusement
- His [face, eyes] were filled with amusement.
- looked at him [in, with] amusement
- were [watching, looking on] in amusement
- [grinned, laughed, snorted] in amusement
- could not [hide, conceal] their amusement
- is a continuous source of amusement (for)
- What do you do for amusement around [here, these parts]?
- am not [doing, saying] this for your amusement
- am not looking for any amusement (tonight)
- to the (surprise and) amusement of his [friends, colleagues]
- (much) to my amusement, she [couldn't, wasn't able to]
- Yes, much to my amusement!
- [draw, play basketball, sing] just for my own amusement
- was [made, designed, built] for your amusement
- offers many amusements for [locals, visitors, children, families, tourists]
- [fairground, festival] amusements
- the amusements at the [fairground]
- went to an amusement [park, fairground]
'amusement' also found in these entries: