WordReference English Collocations © 2020
amusedⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- was amused to [see, hear, read, learn]
- was amused [at, by] the idea of
- am amused at his [ability to, way of]
- am amused when people [do, think, try]
- am amused that you (think)
- [am, is, are] not amused!
- am [very, extremely, quite, really] amused
- the [children, students, audience members] were amused (for hours)
- kept the children amused [all afternoon, for hours]
- likes to keep her [audience, friends, classmates] amused
- have never been so amused as when
- amused and [entertained, delighted, amazed]
- had an amused [smile, look] on her face
'amused' also found in these entries: