WordReference English Collocations © 2020
amendment ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [make, propose, enact] an amendment (to)
- an amendment to the [constitution, bylaws, contract, invoice]
- need an amendment of the [constitution]
- an amendment to the existing [law, legislation]
- a constitutional amendment
- in the [second] amendment
- the rights [guaranteed, given] by the [second] amendment
- the amendment (clearly) states that
- The amendment was [adopted, proposed, defeated].
- the amendment would [have, require, allow, provide]
- the amendment will [have]
- the amendment of [article, section] [two]
- [through, by, following] the amendment of
'amendment' also found in these entries: