WordReference English Collocations © 2020
ambushⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [an unexpected, a steady] ambush
- a [midnight, dawn, forest] ambush
- an ambush in [Iraq]
- [led, planned, initiated] the ambush
- the ambush was [planned, carried out] by
- waited in ambush [behind the trees, near the road]
- [might, could] be waiting in ambush
- caught in an ambush at
- The [troops, soldiers] were caught in an ambush.
- was [killed, wounded, injured] in an ambush
- The ambush [killed] [five].
- [a guerrilla, an enemy] ambush
- an ambush on a [caravan, transport ship]
- an ambush from [behind, the shadows]
- the ambush and [killing, murder] of
'ambush' also found in these entries: