WordReference English Collocations © 2020
ambitiousⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- an ambitious [hire, new employee]
- has ambitious [goals, plans, intentions] (for)
- his [goals] were very ambitious
- take on an ambitious [project, task]
- is an ambitious [project] to take on
- the [project] was too ambitious
- the [project] turned out to be too ambitious
- the [project] proved too ambitious (for one person)
- has ambitious plans to...
- don't you think that might be [a little, too] ambitious?
- turned out to be too ambitious
- seems a little (too) ambitious (to me)
- well, that was rather ambitious
- an ambitious attempt to [get, defeat, gain]
- [highly, overly, extremely] ambitious
'ambitious' also found in these entries: