WordReference English Collocations © 2020
ambitionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- has always lacked ambition
- lacks ambition
- am [surprised, impressed] by your ambition
- [set out, establish, pursue] your ambitions (in life)
- shows a lot of ambition [at work, in school]
- have shown a lot of ambition [recently, today]
- [has, doesn't have] the ambition to [win, succeed, become, create]
- has shown a great deal of ambition
- his ambition is to become a [singer, chef, lawyer]
- the [injury, accident] ended his ambitions of becoming...
- achieved her ambition of becoming...
- achieved his life's ambition of
- need to [show, demonstrate] more ambition
- a person with [lofty, bold] ambitions
'ambition' also found in these entries: