WordReference English Collocations © 2020
amberⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [mosquito, bug] fossilized in amber
- The amber contains a [mosquito].
- There is a [mosquito] in the amber.
- found a [piece, chunk] of amber
- a [piece] of fossilized amber
- a [piece] of [clear, foggy] amber
- The [necklace, ring] is made of amber.
- The [necklace] contains amber.
- is [encrusted, set] in amber
- amber is formed [by, through]
- amber colored [hair, skin, eyes]
- her [hair] is amber colored
- has amber [hair]
- is amber in color
- is amber [brown, gold, orange, yellow]
- amber fields of [crops, grain, corn]
- issued an amber alert
- UK: [go, drive] through an amber light
- amber jewelry
- an amber [ring, necklace]
- amber-like [eyes]
- amber-colored [lighting, pants, hair, eyes]
'amber' also found in these entries: