WordReference English Collocations © 2020
amateur ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [guide, class, manual] for amateurs
- a [competition, tournament, contest] for amateurs
- The [competition] is open to amateurs.
- The [competition] was attended by (both) professionals and amateurs.
- amateurs and professionals alike
- [help, guidance] for amateurs
- amateurs studying to be licensed [electricians, mechanics]
- am still an amateur at [electronics]
- The [electrician] is an amateur.
- looks like it was [done, made] by a bunch of amateurs!
- [What, You're] a bunch of amateurs!
- Was this [done] by some kind of amateur?
- Some of the people who [play golf, use the fields, perform, work] here are amateurs.
- Even an amateur could [do, handle] [this].
- Registration is open for (both) professionals and amateurs.
- [Skydiving, Mountain climbing] is not for amateurs.
- sexually explicit: an amateur in [stockings, thong, lingerie]
- sexually explicit: an amateur with [big breasts, a tight butt]
'amateur' also found in these entries: