WordReference English Collocations © 2020
altogether ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is altogether different [from, than]
- an altogether [fitting, wonderful, enjoyable] (occasion)
- was not altogether [satisfied, happy, pleased]
- am not altogether [convinced, sure]
- is something else altogether
- [get rid of, burn, destroy] it altogether
- stopped [seeing him, working, smoking] altogether
- want to avoid that (situation) altogether
- How can we avoid that (situation) altogether?
- altogether, it was [worth it, a waste of time, a great evening]
- altogether it was a great [party, evening, meal]
- altogether, I'm [glad, disappointed, satisfied]
- altogether we have [six] [locations]
- have [six] [locations, offices, dollars, people] altogether
- [spent, earned] [five dollars] altogether
- altogether we [spent] [five dollars]
- altogether it [cost, was, added up to] [five dollars]
- it [cost] [five dollars] altogether
- How much do we have altogether?
'altogether' also found in these entries: