WordReference English Collocations © 2020
alreadyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- already [done, present, included, left, sent, available, qualified]
- are already in [place, position, existence]
- is already at [work, school, home, war]
- already a [member, subscriber, customer, millionaire, star, father]
- already [here, there]
- (but) I was already prepared
- I've already done [it, my homework]
- has already been [done]
- the [player, team] has already qualified
- have you [finished] already?
- had already [finished] when
- has already been [done, seen, thought of] (before)
- have already [thought of, came up with] that
- already [thought, of] that
- has already left [work]
- can't have [finished, arrived] already
- already knows [where, when, how, what]
- as you may already [know, be aware, have guessed]
- already have [one, a copy, the details]
- is it [noon, time] already?
- missing you already!
- slang: [enough, stop it] already!
'already' also found in these entries:
April - August - July - June - achieve - acquainted - actually - addition - agenda - air - alarm - allowance - apex - appendix - appropriate - approve - arrangement - asleep - assume - attached - auction - bail - beforehand - best - billion - binding - boarding - case - chart - chase - confusion - conversation - correct - countless - culprit - cup - damage - decision - diet - disconnect - dog - domain - done - drawn - dusk - enough - enroll - entrench - fad - foreshadow