WordReference English Collocations © 2020
alongⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- along the [road, river, path]
- [all, somewhere] along the way
- along both sides (of)
- along [one, each, the left, the right] side (of)
- along [those, similar, the same] lines
- [sang, cheered] along with [the class, the others, the fans, them]
- was just [walking] along when
- [ran, walked] along beside me
- can I come along (too)?
- came along with me
- took her along (to the party)
- move along, please (there is nothing to see here)
- come along, now!
- they should be along [soon, any moment]
- is (really) coming along (well)
- passed the [sugar, message, news] along
- [forgot, was told] to bring along (an umbrella)
- [he knew, I told you] all along
'along' also found in these entries:
English - French - German - Greek - Swedish - aside - avenue - axis - barrel - beach - beetle - believe - belt - bicycle - bike - bird - bluff - boat - bob - bring - brother-in-law - bucket - busy - camp - canal - career - chorus - clap - class - clip - coast - come - companion - confirm - continue - convey - corridor - crawl - creep - curb - dedication - difficulty - ditch - divide - dock - door - drift - driveway - driving - drum