WordReference English Collocations © 2020
almond ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- [fresh, roasted, salted, raw] almonds
- [slices, shavings] of almonds
- pick fresh almonds (from the tree)
- time to harvest almonds
- the ground is covered in almonds
- The almonds fell to the ground.
- a salad (topped) with almonds
- The [oil, spread] is made from almonds.
- Does this contain almonds?
- am allergic to almonds
- eat a handful of almonds
- sprinkle crushed almonds on the [cookies, bars, ice cream]
- [grate, roast, crush] the almonds (before)
- can be substituted with almonds
- a [sweet, bitter, salty] almond
- almonds and [walnuts, hazelnuts, other nuts]
- an almond tree in the [yard, field]
- sprinkle with almond [flour, flakes, shavings]
'almond' also found in these entries: