WordReference English Collocations © 2020
allotmentⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the allotment of land for
- [water, food] allotments (to)
- [spend, waste] this quarter's allotment of funds
- the allotment of (company) shares to the [workers, employees]
- the allotment of [$4 million] in [aid, subsidies]
- have an allotment of [thirty minutes] to take the [exam, test]
- have a [thirty-minute] allotment to take the [exam]
- a monthly allotment of [subsidies, child welfare, child support, worker's comp]
- The allotment has been [withheld, received, paid].
- The average allotment is [five] acres.
- allotments of [five] to [ten] acres
- There is a limited allotment of [time, land].
- UK: grows [lettuce, tomatoes, beetroot, vegetables, fruit] on the allotment
- UK: spends every [Sunday, morning] on the allotment