WordReference English Collocations © 2020
alligatorⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- was [bitten, eaten, killed] by an alligator
- the alligators in [the swamp, Florida]
- an alligator or crocodile
- Have you ever [eaten, tried] alligator?
- [eat] [fried, roasted] alligator
- hunts alligators for their [skin, meat]
- saw alligators [at the zoo, on vacation]
- The [wallet, belt, purse] is made of (the skin of) alligator.
- The [wallet] is genuine alligator.
- a [baby, full-grown] alligator
- [a huge, an enormous] [15-foot] alligator
- The [sewers, swamps] are infested with alligators.
- slang: See you later, alligator!
- an alligator skin [wallet, purse]
- used an alligator clip (in her hair)
- made with alligator [apples, pears]
'alligator' also found in these entries: