WordReference English Collocations © 2020
airplaneⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am waiting to board the airplane
- time to [board, exit, evacuate] the airplane
- Please [board] the airplane in an orderly fashion.
- a [private, commercial, military] airplane
- a [passenger, cargo, combat, fighter, military] airplane
- [flies, pilots] passenger airplanes
- The airplane [took off, landed, touched down].
- The airplane [crashed, turned, exploded].
- is learning to fly [cargo] airplanes
- an airplane used to [carry, transport]
- This airplane is bound for [China].
- [outbound, inbound] airplanes
- The airplane requires [maintenance, repairs].
- perform scheduled [maintenance] on the airplane
- There is a problem with the airplane.
- There is a problem with the airplane's [engine, landing gear, guidance systems].
- a [propeller, jet] -powered airplane
- The airplane is [full, at capacity, empty].
- [released, announced, designed, tested] a new airplane
- taxi the airplane to the hangar
- a license to fly airplanes
- have never flown in an airplane before
- [make, launch, fly, throw] a paper airplane
- an airborne airplane
- The airplane is airborne.
- an airplane [maker, manufacturer]
- the airplane [engines, doors, wings]
'airplane' also found in these entries: