WordReference English Collocations © 2020
aircraftⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am waiting to board the aircraft
- time to [board, exit, evacuate] the aircraft
- Please [board] the aircraft in an orderly fashion.
- a [private, commercial, military] aircraft
- a [passenger, cargo, combat, fighter, military] aircraft
- [flies, pilots] passenger aircraft
- The aircraft [took off, landed, touched down].
- The aircraft [crashed, crash landed, exploded].
- an aircraft used to [carry, transport]
- This aircraft is bound for [China].
- [outbound, inbound] aircrafts
- The aircraft requires [maintenance, repairs].
- perform scheduled [maintenance] on the aircraft
- There is a problem with the aircraft.
- There is a problem with the aircraft's [engine, landing gear, guidance systems].
- a [propeller, jet] -powered aircraft
- The aircraft is [full, at capacity, empty].
- [released, announced, designed, tested] a new aircraft
- [brought, shot] down the aircraft
- [shot] the aircraft down
- the aircraft was downed (by)
- taxi the aircraft to the hangar
- This aircraft has [three] exits.
- Please do not [block, stand in, wait in] the aircraft's aisle.
- an airborne aircraft
- The aircraft is airborne.
- an aircraft [maker, manufacturer, carrier]
- the aircraft [engines, doors, wings]
'aircraft' also found in these entries: