WordReference English Collocations © 2020
affectionateⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is an affectionate and [caring, loving, friendly, playful] person
- is [extremely, deeply, very, super] affectionate
- had an affectionate [father, mother, family] (growing up)
- an affectionate [dog, breed]
- are very affectionate with each other
- is always so affectionate towards
- are so affectionate today!
- wish you could be more affectionate!
- is affectionate [at times, when he wants]
- don't like to be affectionate in [public, front of people]
- has a very affectionate [personality, nature, temperament]
- gave her an affectionate [greeting, look, hug, kiss]
- was an affectionate [gesture, comment]
- was an affectionate thing to [say, do]
- is an affectionate name for
- an affectionate [homage, tribute] to
'affectionate' also found in these entries: