WordReference English Collocations © 2020
affectionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- her [undying, unwavering, intense] affection (for)
- he [earned, won] her affection (by)
- the affection of a [lover, partner, friend]
- a [dog's, pet's] affection
- [needs, craves] (a lot of) affection
- craves the affection of [her parents, everyone, his teachers]
- public displays of affection
- [hate, don't mind] public affection
- showing affection in public
- only shows his affection [when, if]
- Buy her [roses, earrings] to show your affection.
- [ways, gifts] to show your affection
- wish you [could, would] show more affection
- need more affection in [our, this] relationship
- give you all of my affection and [respect, love, attention]
- Affection is important in any [relationship, marriage].
- has a lot of affection [for, towards] her
- has a (firm) place in his affections
- There is a lot of affection between them.
- a look of [pure, undying] affection
- Outdated: is suffering from a [skin, pulmonary] affection
- Outdated: affections like [fear, hate, love]
'affection' also found in these entries: