WordReference English Collocations © 2020
advertisement ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [clever, effective, stupid] advertisement (for)
- advertisements aimed at [men, children, students]
- advertisements targeting [men]
- an advertisement for a (new) [car, shampoo, perfume, cereal]
- [put, saw] an advertisement on [TV, the internet]
- [publish, purchase, read, saw] an advertisement in the newspaper
- saw [it] in an advertisement
- saw an advertisement for [a cell phone, soda]
- have spent [thousands, millions] on advertisements
- the advertisement of [available jobs, new products]
- This [web page, site] has too many advertisements.
- There are too many advertisements on this [web page].
- This [web page] is full of advertisements.
- in the classified advertisements
- Space is available for advertisements.
- took out a [television, radio] advertisement
- [an online, a banner] advertisement
- don't know what this advertisement is for
- What is the advertisement even for?
- a [half, quarter, full, double] -page advertisement
- a [thirty-second, full-feature] advertisement
'advertisement' also found in these entries: