WordReference English Collocations © 2020
adjustmentⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- just need to make a [small, slight] adjustment
- need to make adjustments from time to time
- make adjustments [when, where] necessary
- an adjustment to [his salary, the settings, the device]
- make an adjustment to the [temperature, volume] (of)
- I think we need to make an adjustment.
- an adjustment with respect to [government policy, safety standards]
- adjustment to a new (work, living) environment
- The adjustment may take [several weeks].
- a [complete, total, partial] adjustment
- The adjustment will take effect in [December].
- It was a necessary adjustment.
- The adjustment was necessary.
- You need an attitude adjustment!
- make [a political, an economic, a policy] adjustment
- offer a [price, mortgage, rate] adjustment for
- get a [back, spine, neck] adjustment
- need a slight adjustment to your [back]
- a slight adjustment to the [rules, regulations]
- the adjustments on a [television set, computer screen]
- the [television set] adjustments
- the adjustment of his [opinion, view, stance]
- the adjustment [rate, cost, date, range]
- the adjustment [method, process, factor]
'adjustment' also found in these entries: