WordReference English Collocations © 2020
adjectiveⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [gradable, demonstrative, compound, predicate] adjective
- [a common, an uncommon] adjective
- need an adjective to describe...
- adjectives and adverbs
- a common adjective used to describe
- am looking for a different adjective to describe...
- the adjective modifying...
- modify the noun with an adjective
- a noun being used as an adjective
- an adjective for describing...
- is not a very common adjective
- is a pretty common adjective
- an adjective to [express, describe, modify]
- an adjective that [describes, modifies]
- the adjective [formed, derived] from
- is one of my favorite adjectives
- the adjective should come [before, after]
- an adjective commonly used with
'adjective' also found in these entries: