WordReference English Collocations © 2020
addictionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- has a [severe, relentless] addiction
- has an addiction to [heroine, sex, gambling]
- has a [heroine] addiction
- a [person, patient, teenager] with a [heroine] addiction
- is (still) recovering from an addiction (to)
- go to rehab for his addiction
- is being treated for the addiction
- [Chocolate, Reality TV] is an addiction of mine.
- can help to treat an addiction
- could [become, turn into, lead to] an addiction
- How did he pay for his addiction?
- [turned to crime, sold her house] to pay for her addiction
- is battling an addiction (to)
- [kicked, beat] his addiction (to)
- [combat, fight] (heroine) addiction
- is struggling [with, from] addiction (to)
'addiction' also found in these entries: