WordReference English Collocations © 2020
actressⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [starring, supporting] actress
- the [lead, main] actress (in)
- the actress starring in
- [an established, an up-and-coming, a struggling] actress
- actors and actresses
- who is the actress in...?
- that's the actress from...
- that's the same actress who is in...
- an actress in Hollywood
- an actress on Broadway
- an actress and [director, model, dancer, singer]
- the actress who [played, starred in]
- trying to make it as an actress
- trying to make it by becoming an actress
- always dreamed of [being, becoming] an actress
- the actress is best known for her role in...
- the actress's [filmography, debut]
- her debut as an actress
- is my favorite actress
- is one of my favorite actresses
- the Best (Starring, Supporting) Actress Award (goes to)
'actress' also found in these entries:
French - German - Polish - Russian - award - best - budding - capability - controversial - cop - costume - dead - double - elegant - escalation - established - exclusive - fading - failed - fame - famous - fluff - fright - frustrated - good - gorgeous - grace - grade - grass - ham - highly - interview - knight - level - makeup - making - mass - mid - moment - movie - noted - notice - obscure - overnight - play - portrayal - previously - prompt - pull - rest