WordReference English Collocations © 2020
acquaintanceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- I am pleased to make your acquaintance.
- is (just) an acquaintance of mine
- have a nodding acquaintance with
- We are only acquaintances.
- am meeting an acquaintance for [lunch, dinner]
- one of my work acquaintances
- wish we were more than acquaintances
- I have an acquaintance who might be [able, willing] to
- I have an acquaintance who works [for, as]
- acquaintances and [friends, colleagues, strangers]
- more an acquaintance than a friend
- a [personal, casual, close, business, former] acquaintance
- is a [personal] acquaintance of mine
- I think we have a mutual acquaintance (in)
- has some acquaintance with [ancient languages, French wines]
- had [no, little] acquaintance of the language
'acquaintance' also found in these entries: