WordReference English Collocations © 2020
acheⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- have an ache in my [back, knee, heart]
- Is the ache in your [back] any better?
- a [terrible, dull, pounding, sharp] ache
- the ache of [heartbreak, loneliness, loss]
- My body is full of aches and pains.
- I have too many aches and pains.
- [joint, muscle] aches
- have terrible [stomach, joint, body] aches
- The [food, fish] gave me a stomach ache.
- have a stomach ache from the [food]
- relief for [muscle] aches and pains
- an intense ache in her heart
- my [tooth, head, back, stomach] aches
- my [joints, muscles] ache
- aches from [laughing, coughing]
- my heart aches for [you, her]
- ache all over
- have been aching to [tell, know, be]
'ache' also found in these entries: