WordReference English Collocations © 2020
accordⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- The [experts, doctors, researchers] are not in accord.
- am not in accord with you
- are not in accord on the [issue, topic]
- an accord on [social, peace, financial, immigration] issues
- the [Geneva] Accord
- the peace accords were (not) agreed upon (by)
- [a trade, an economic] accord
- The accords were [written, agreed upon] in [December].
- An accord was (finally) reached in [December].
- The accords were signed by [ten nations].
- [Ten nations] signed the accords.
- is starting to feel like we will never reach an accord
- [struggled, sought, tried] to reach an accord
- An accord was [eventually, ultimately] reached.
- reached an accord with [the unions, their counterparts, leaders, other nations]
- an accord that would end the [war, fighting]
- The accord ended the [war].
- an accord between [ten nations]
- We need to [reach, come to] an accord soon!
- an accord [banning, outlawing, expelling, removing]
- accords with the [views, expectations] of
- accord [favors, respect] to her
- accord her the same [rights, privileges, status]
- the [rights] accorded to her
- be accorded [the same privileges, a certain status]
- accord [it] the same importance as
- [was, were, should be] accorded priority
- accord [well] with
'accord' also found in these entries: