WordReference English Collocations © 2020
academicⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- according to academics (and intellectuals)
- never wanted to become an academic
- had [success, failure] as an academic
- has been [successful] as an academic
- a [successful, brilliant, revolutionary] academic
- [designed, intended] for academics (and intellectuals)
- for academics and non-academics alike
- an [event, meeting, conference] for academics
- a [meeting, gathering] of academics
- [grants, subsidies, scholarships] for academics
- has been [praised, rejected, lauded, recommended] by academics
- [carried out, conducted, researched] by academics
- The [school, college, institution] is known for (rigorous) academics.
- Academics are [an important, a crucial] part of [our, this] program.
- You need to focus more on your academics.
- Focus on improving your academics.
- you need to improve your academics (if)
- If you don't improve your academics, you will [fail, be expelled].
- His academics are suffering from too much time spent on [extracurricular activities, sports].
- His [extracurricular activities] are (negatively) [impacting, influencing] his academics.
- during the academic [year, calendar, semester]
- is an academic [student, child]
- [publish, offer, design] academic programs
- [write, publish] an academic [paper, essay, report]
- conduct academic research
- is making [good, poor] academic progress
- has passed [seven] academic subjects
- in the academic community
- [recognized, rewarded] for his academic [achievement, performance]
- [poor, high] academic integrity
- is on academic probation
- academic [advising, services, institutions]
- is trying to be [more, less] academic
- [the result, her presence, complaining] is academic
- whether he [knows, comes, applies] or not is academic
- is [purely, simply, just, merely] academic
'academic' also found in these entries:
accomplishment - achievement - admission - advisor - attainment - capability - cite - contact - dean - discipline - discourse - endowment - focus - goal - guidance - honesty - material - paper - peer - proficiency - readiness - registration - robe - staggering - standing - subject - tenet - tout - year