WordReference English Collocations © 2020
abroadⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is [living, working, traveling, teaching, studying] abroad
- has been [living] abroad for [four years]
- is [living] abroad in [Tokyo]
- will be abroad for [two weeks]
- have never been abroad
- is always going abroad
- is my first time going abroad
- go abroad to [China]
- go abroad for [work, school, our honeymoon]
- went abroad to [work]
- is on [vacation, business] abroad
- spend a [year, semester] abroad
- sending jobs abroad
- don't forget to [write, be safe, take photos] while abroad
- [owls, cats] venture abroad at night
- scatter [seeds, money] abroad
- there are rumors abroad that
- (both) at home and abroad
- [study, work] abroad programs
- [imports, cars, products] from abroad
- The [imports] were [sent, shipped, purchased] from abroad.
- is returning from abroad (next week)
- The [troops, servicemen] are returning from abroad.
- The [troops] have begun returning from abroad.
- [Thousands, Millions] come from abroad to [study, work].
- is [accepting, considering] applicants from abroad
- a few [bands, students, candidates] from abroad
- came from abroad to [see, watch, witness]
'abroad' also found in these entries: