WordReference English Collocations © 2019
a pieceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [only, just] a piece
- would [love, like] a piece
- would [love] to [have, try, taste] a piece
- can I have a piece?
- [cut, hand, give] me a piece
- have a piece of advice (for you)
- a piece of the [pie, action]
- a piece of [paper, music, cake, cheese, luggage]
- it's a piece of cake!
- she's a piece of work
- offensive, slang: he's a piece of sh*t
- am missing a piece of the puzzle
- gave her a piece of my mind
- a [small, large] piece
- [an edge, a corner] piece
- a [larger, smaller, fatter] piece
'a piece' also found in these entries:
Swiss - amber - armor - art - artwork - baggage - bite - bliss - bread - break - cake - candy - cardboard - cloth - cookie - criticism - cut - daily - fillet - fluff - foil - fork - grain - gravel - grit - guidance - gum - hag - hardware - harmony - instrument - junk - list - occupy - parsley - pie - piece - pottery - rag - rope - scratch - separate - shade - skull - slice - spinach - square - tape - tart - tie