WordReference English Collocations © 2020
TVⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [an LED, a plasma, a smart] TV
- a  -inch TV
- turn [on, off] the TV
- turn the TV [off]
- put the TV on [mute, standby]
- watched the [news, game] on TV
- watches too much TV
- while (I'm) watching TV
- trying to watch less TV
- let's see what's on TV
- anything good on TV?
- What's on TV [now, tonight, later]?
- sitting [in front of, too close to] the TV
- is glued to the TV
- have [three, four] TVs at home
- a TV in the [bathroom, bedroom, kitchen]
- (there's) nothing [decent, good, worth watching] on TV
- [spots, commercials, violence, swearing, sex] on TV
'TV' also found in these entries:
act - actor - addiction - advert - advertise - advertisement - advertising - advisory - air - alert - angle - appear - armchair - arrange - asleep - background - badass - banter - beam - bed - bedroom - binge - blank - blast - broadcast - bust - buy - buzz - cable - camping - cartoon - cast - casting - character - churn - clown - color - comfort - commercial - compose - contrast - cook - cord - couch - cough - cycling - definition - done - dose - drama