WordReference English Collocations © 2019
GodⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [Greek, Roman] god
- the [Greek] god of [war, the sun]
- the [Christian] God
- the one true God
- a [loving, vengeful, merciful, personal] God
- an [omniscient, omnipotent, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing] God
- the God of the [Old, New] Testament
- God [in heaven, on Earth]
- God the Father
- God have mercy on [them, their souls]
- God bless you
- God only knows
- thank God!
- thank God for
- oh my God!
- (my) good God!
- what in God's name [were you thinking, are you doing]?
- [praise, glory] be to God
- the [forgiveness, wrath] of God
- the Son of God
- blessed by God
- (do not) believe in God
- [worship, praise, pray to] God
- he thinks he's God's gift (to)
- thinks he's (a) God!
- his gods are [money and power]
- is [treated, seen] as a God
- is a [rock, guitar] god
- a god of [football, fashion, music]
- God-given [talents, passions, skills]
- derogatory, slang: is a God-botherer
'God' also found in these entries:
America - Friday - almighty - alone - altar - angel - before - belief - believe - beloved - but - but for - church - comfort - commit - country - covenant - create - cross - dear - deepen - devote - diminish - equal - eternity - evidence - exist - existence - faith - finger - forgiveness - gift - given - good - grace - hand - herald - honest - hope - inspired - kingdom - knowing - law - mankind - mercy - miracle - mother - my - mysterious - oath