WordReference English Collocations © 2019
ChristmasⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- Christmas [day, time, vacations, cheer]
- Christmas [crackers, pudding, cake]
- on Christmas [Eve, morning, Day]
- sing Christmas [songs, carols]
- a Christmas [tale, celebration, party]
- [take down, put up] the Christmas decorations
- [assemble, decorate, light] the Christmas tree
- make, prepare] the Christmas [lunch, dinner]
- [get, receive, give, wrap, buy] Christmas presents
- [buy, write] Christmas cards
- during the Christmas [season, holiday]
- it's Christmas time again
- [released, recorded] a Christmas album
- vacationed in, went to, visited] Christmas Island
- Merry Christmas to [you, all, everyone, everybody]!
- would like to wish you a [merry, joyful] Christmas
- a [white, snowy, mild, sunny] Christmas
- went [away, on vacation] over Christmas
- usually go [away, to Europe] for Christmas
- Where are you going [for, this] Christmas?
- What do you want for Christmas?
- What did you get for Christmas?
- can't wait until Christmas!
- I got a [cell phone, bike, tablet] for Christmas.
- The [rain, weather, news, argument] ruined Christmas.
- Might (not) have a white Christmas this year after all.
'Christmas' also found in these entries:
Wednesday - advent - annual - approach - around - bat - beard - bicycle - binge - bonus - boyfriend - break - buy - calendar - celebrate - cheer - coal - corner - crunch - deck - delivery - dinner - drape - elf - enter - entertaining - eve - family - fir - fly - fudge - ghost - gift - girlfriend - give - ham - hamper - haul - holiday - intervene - joyful - keyboard - kitten - kitty - lighting - list - loot - lump - mass - merry